Saturday, September 6, 2008

Game on!

So the college soccer season is in full swing here in PA now. I've run a couple of lines on Div II & Div III games. Yesterday I ran the center on a Div III game and today on a Div II game and all went well. Thankfully NCAA games pay fairly well here as it is the only work that I am currently doing that is making me any $$$. However, I am traveling on average 80-100 miles each way per game. Sarah's new car, only 14 months old, is over 26K miles already. We will likely buy another car that doesn't drink gas like the Germans drink beer, or perhaps I will get a motorcycle. I will not, however, get a MOPED like our friends the Christensen's are considering. If I ever get a MOPED, someone please run me over. In keeping with the SNL skits theme, enjoy one of the best, if not THE best, Will Ferrell skit ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw

Yes, the famous "Blue Oyster Cult" and "cowbell"

-John

2 comments:

  1. John,
    If I EVER saw YOU on a moped, I would run you over just on principle.

    How goes it in the great North East?

    Best of luck to you guys
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good to see you are updating this thing!!!
    If you get in good enough shape you can start bicycling with me! lol
    Keep it strange or keep it nice!
    Randy

    ReplyDelete