Monday, January 11, 2010

First day of Indoor!

Harrison had his first indoor soccer game yesterday. In fact it was the inaugral indoor soccer match for Bellefonte Soccer Association. Things went really well for a first game. The entire team showed up - on time, and all of the kids were really easy to work with and appeared to have fun. We got spanked - while we don't keep track of the score, it was like 8-2. The best part of the whole thing was this: at half-time the kids on my team were making suggestions for a team name. We were getting standard suggestions for a team with a color of blue - blue whales, blue jays, blue dragons, etc. One girl on the team, however, had very direct suggestions for the team name. "Blue Soccer Players" and yes, she even suggested "Blue Balls" AHHhhHHHhhhh. If only to be young and innocent again. We get next Sunday off and then play again on the 24th - I'm hoping to play a team we can beat to help the kids get some morale building.

In other surprising news, the weather in January in central PA SUCKS! I know this may be shocking to many of you. HI temps this weak are forecast in the mid-20's with most nights in the teens or single digits. This makes outside time mostly suck and I try to limit my outdoor time to that which it takes me to travel from some [heated] building to the car.

In referee news there just isn't a lot going on. I've decided to attend the pro clinic in Ohio South for the 2nd year. I also have found an assessor course in MD at the end of the month to attend, so hopefully I will finally become a legitimate assessor.

No youtube videos today - hopefully in my next update I can find some pictures or a good youtube to share.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment